Andrew P. Davison
1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
+33 1 69 82 34 51
1995 B.A. (Hons) Physics. University of Cambridge.
1996 M.Sc. Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering. University of Sheffield.
2001 Ph.D. Computational Neuroscience. University of Cambridge.
2010-2019 Senior Research Scientist (CRCN), NeuroPSI, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France.
2010-2018 Senior Research Scientist (CR1), UNIC, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France.
2006-2010 Research Scientist (CR2), UNIC, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France.
2003-2006 Post-doctoral research associate, UNIC, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France.
2000-2002 Post-doctoral research associate, Shepherd Laboratory, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA.
1997-2000 Graduate student, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK.
1995-1997 Medical Physicist (trainee), Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK.
- Managing complex workﬂows in neural simulation and data analysis, CNS*2013 Tutorial, Paris, France., 2013
- Workflows for reproducible research in computational neuroscience, CNS*2012 Tutorial, Decatur, GA, 2012
- An introduction to Python for Computational Neuroscientists (lecture), CNS*2011 Tutorial, Stockholm, Sweden, 2011
- Computational Neuroscience, supervision of masters thesis project, UNIC, CNRS/Univ. Paris XI, 2011
- Neuroscience Databases (lectures and tutorial), FACETS Student Database Workshop, Leysin, Switzerland, 2009
- Modelling neural systems with PyNN (lecture and laboratory), FACETS/BCCN "Using Python for Computational Neuroscience" Workshop, Freiburg, Germany, 2008
- An introduction to NEURON (lecture and laboratory), FACETS Student Workshop "Modelling for Beginners", Sånga-Säby, Sweden, 2007
- Computational Neuroscience, co-supervision of doctoral studies, UNIC, CNRS/ENS, 2006-2010
- Computational Neuroscience, co-supervision of masters thesis project, UNIC, CNRS/Univ. Paris XI, 2005
- Computational Neuroscience, supervision of diploma thesis projects, UNIC, CNRS/Supelec, 2004
- Quantitative Biology, undergraduate supervisor, Queens' College, Sidney Sussex College, 1998-2000
- Associate Editor, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 2011-
- Member of the Gender Advisory Committee of the Human Brain Project, 2017-
- Director of the French Node of the INCF, 2017-
- Member of the Program Committee for the INCF Neuroinformatics Congress 2012, 2011-2012
- Member of the INCF Taskforce for Electrophysiology Datasharing, 2010-
- Co-organizer, 4th FACETS CodeJam Workshop. Marseille, France, 2010
- Member of the Program Committee for the Annual Meeting of Computational Neuroscience (CNS), 2010-
- Invited participant in the "INCF Multiscale Modelling Meeting India", Bangalore, India, 2009
- Co-organizer, 3rd FACETS CodeJam Workshop. Freiburg, Germany, 2009
- Co-organizer, Workshop on Python in Neuroscience at CNS*2009. Berlin, Germany, 2009
- Member of the INCF Task Force for a Standard Language in Neural Network Modeling, 2009-
- Co-organizer, 2nd FACETS CodeJam Workshop. Gif sur Yvette, France, 2008
- Co-organizer, 1st FACETS CodeJam Workshop. Heidelberg, Germany, 2007
- Invited participant in the "1st INCF Workshop on Large-Scale Modeling of the Nervous System", Stockholm, Sweden, 2006
- Invited participant in workshop on "Terminology and Metadata for Modeling and Computational Neuroscience", Edinburgh, UK, organized by Prof. Daniel Garder, Cornell University, 2006
- Reviewer for Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, Journal of Computational Neuroscience, Chemical Senses, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, International Journal of Neural Systems, Journal of Neurophysiology, Neurocomputing, Neuroinformatics, Perception, Neural Networks.
Fluent in English and French.